Vehicle Maintenance Assistant Manager
7100 Harderson Road Everett, WA 98203 US
Arch Staffing and Consulting has partnered with a leading Transport organization in their search for a Vehicle Maintenance Assistant Manager (General Repair Department) role in the state of Everett, Washington.
What' s in it for you?
- Full Time, Direct Hire
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits
- Wellness Programs like fitness centers, health club membership etc.
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program including family members
- Paid Time Off
- High Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available to employees and eligible dependents
- Life Insurance Cover and more which are unparalleled in the industry.
What will you be doing?
- Supervises all maintenance activities in the repair, preventative maintenance, component rebuild and body repair functions. Using required personal experience and technical expertise; monitors repair procedures and documentation to ensure safe and effective repairs are accomplished. Monitors operations of 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week facility through personal supervision and subordinate shop leads. Implements corrective action to include modifying policies and procedures as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Vehicle Maintenance Manager, reviews and analyzes performance information related to the Department, including labor hours and cost, payroll data, fluids and fuel reconciliation, mileage, road calls, preventative maintenance, warranties and inventory. Identifies trends and implements corrective action to address areas of need and maintain compliance with State and Federal Regulations.
- Hires, supervises, counsels, and disciplines employees up to and including termination; resolves grievances at first step if possible; researches and provides documentation for responses to grievances; advises grievance solutions to Managers and Directors; may appear at hearings and arbitration as required.
- Advises/assists with the development of the budget, equipment and personnel requirements. Monitors budget, authorizes and delegates expenditures as assigned.
- Monitors vendor performance to ensure company requirements are met. Coordinates and negotiates with vendor/suppliers/contractors to resolve issues with warranty repairs and recovery, equipment performance, purchases and supplies.
- Develops performance and training requirements for supervisors and employees. Develops work schedules and overtime assignments to meet operational requirements. Determines needs and procures the appropriate tools, equipment, supplies and training necessary for shop operations
- Assists in developing business practices, rules and regulations for the operations of the Maintenance Department. Analyzes changes in budget, fleet size, facility requirements, assigned staff and policies or programs and advises Managers and Director of recommended changes.
- Assist in the development of the division' s budget.
- Supervises the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Monitors and analyzes individual and division performance to ensure compliance with Company and government regulations.
What will you require?
- Associate' s Degree or 2 years of technical/vocational training in fleet maintenance.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability (journey level mechanic desirable) and 3 years of increasingly responsible fleet maintenance experience.
- Three years of general supervisory (lead) and management experience directly supervision union employees.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as those listed above.