Survey Director - Construction
10801 Main St., #102 Bellevue, WA 98004 US
The Survey Director will lead the technical resources for the construction division. This role will lead various technical teams in creating and implementing processes and systems to increase company profitability, while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Guide the development and implementation of survey team specific business strategies, functional area strategies and tactics.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of technical employees.
- Develop training programs to provide technical advancement and business resiliency for technical team members, ranging from junior employees to senior licensed LS staff.
- Monitor efficiency and productivity of all technical personnel with accountability for specified volume output.
o Fill-in as necessary to meet production demands.
- Provide senior level surveying expertise, guidance and direction for general need and special surveying problems.
- Mediate legal issues and work with our staff, clients, attorneys, contractors, etc. to help mitigate liability to the company.
- Implement and maintain survey procedures (equipment calibration, code lists, field to finish, etc.) – this includes coordinating with the Drafting Manager and Survey Field Manager.
- Responsible for staffing (hiring/terminations), employee evaluations, mentorship/development and conflict resolution of all technical team members.
- Monitor new technology and evaluate purchases of new equipment and software.
- Manage current client and account relationships and identify areas for potential client growth.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- 10 years of experience specifically in Land Surveying, specifically within the construction industry.
· Strong professional communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and people management.
· Excellent time management
- Working knowledge of Carlson Survey (CAD), Leica and standard surveying procedures and processes.
Our work environment provides a result driven, collaborative space, with open & transparent communication, and a culture of celebrating everyone’ s wins. Our mid-size private business model provides the ability to have dynamic involvement at all levels of our organization. We’ re also proud to say we offer an excellent Total Compensation Package & a few other unique perks to our industry!