Sr. Software Engineer
8100 Shoal Creek Blvd. Austin, TX 78757 US
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer for a very people centric Fintech organization that is rapidly growing. This is onsite with 1 remote work from home day per week without exception.
The salary range (DOE) will go to $190K with a fantastic benefits package.
Generous relocation packages available
H1B Sponsorships are available.
Before reading the qualifications, please note the Core Values which are very important to the team and work culture.
We are nice folks, but unapologetically fierce competitors in the marketplace who work as a team. Every member of our team embodies our core values. We work, hire, fire, and promote by these values.
- Take Initiative – A bias to action
- No Big Egos – Self-confidence with humility
- Honesty – Direct forthright communication
- Wicked Smart – Intellectually and emotionally self-aware
This position will require the candidate to have the skill sets needed to analyze, design, architect, develop software web applications, and contribute to all phases of the software development life cycles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own and lead software development of one or more of our product initiatives, and modules end-to-end by working closely with our globally distributed engineering team to deliver best-in-class software solutions.
- Play a critical role in creating Proof of Concepts, Software foundations that would help our business
- Creating, and using reusable, configurable, customizable Java-based components and AWS microservices in alignment with our business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into technical specification documents
- Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack.
- Troubleshoot the production issues firsthand and help establish the clarity needed between Dev, Test, and customers.
- Determine the root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Remain current on new technologies and frameworks; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, advanced degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in a software development environment, preferably at a Fintech firm.
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience with evaluating emerging technologies and recommending potential partnerships that provide efficiencies and competitive advantage within the tech stack.
- Experience with developing reusable assets such as prototypes, solution designs, documentation, and other materials that contribute to department and organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- Expertise in design and development of java-based, AWS microservices-based systems
- Knowledge of SpringBoot is a plus
- Deep understanding of and experience with building highly scalable and highly secure systems
- Hands-on experience in cloud engineering and cloud-native design.
- Well-versed in API development and management.
- Experienced in container and container management.
- Experienced with industry-standard programming languages, operating systems, application development frameworks, monitoring tools, and CI/CT/CD tools.
- Experience with both traditional RDMBS and No-SQL databases.
- Mobile systems design and implementation experience
- Experience with banking systems and lending systems a plus
- Skills with design of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics a plus
- You embody our core values and have the exceptional initiative to create and enhance world-class technology solutions.
- You have an acute attention to detail. You love and understand data, analysis, and optimization.
- You are a thinker and a DO-er. You have the combination of strategic thought, and the ability to roll up your sleeves and execute with excellence on that vision.
- You have a fire in your belly. You love to win and hate to lose.
- You want to improve the lives of our customers and other stakeholders while fast-tracking your career.
If your favorite pronouns are “I” and “me”, you won’t be a great fit. If you get inspired by wanting your next career milestone to read: “Promoted” on a TEAM that grew revenue from $50 million to $500 million in 5 years.”, we’d like to chat with you.