Spokane Valley, WA 99216
Great opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to partner with business unit leaders to drive operational improvements and growth! This role will start as a contract role and when you 'Wow' them has the potential to convert to a full-time hire.
The Senior Software Engineer position will perform complex analysis, design, programming and modification of computer programs for manufacturing applications and/or customer products. Write computer applications in support of all aspects of the manufacturing process, including but not limited to: data collection, label printing, and serialization of customer product. Determine procedures and other documentation needed for the installation and maintenance of application programs. Interface with Marketing, Engineering and customers to add new or custom features to company products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) include the following.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Codes software, in the appropriate computer language, for use with hardware products.
- Consults with end users concerning operation and maintenance of software systems.
- Provides design and programming support for software developed for intra-company use.
- Coordinates installation of software system.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT or Engineering.
- Five years’ experience in software engineering, computer programming, systems analysis, and some electronic hardware knowledge including embedded microcontrollers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional publications, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers, sales representatives and customers.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to operate a computer and to apply computer programming skills.
- Have a high level of knowledge in requirements specification, software design, software coding and hardware interfacing.
- Experience in SQL, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, and LabView.