8100 Shoal Creek Blvd. Austin, TX 78757 US
We are hiring a Software Engineer for a very people centric Fintech organization that is rapidly growing. This is onsite with 1 remote work from home day per week without exception.
The salary range (DOE) will range from $130- $160K with a fantastic benefits package.
Generous relocation packages available
H1B Sponsorships are available.
Before reading the qualifications, please note the Core Values which are very important to the team and work culture.
We are nice folks, but unapologetically fierce competitors in the marketplace who work as a team. Every member of our team embodies our core values. We work, hire, fire, and promote by these values.
· Take Initiative – A bias to action
· No Big Egos – Self-confidence with humility
· Honesty – Direct forthright communication
· Wicked Smart – Intellectually and emotionally self-aware
This position will require the candidate to have skill sets needed to develop software web applications and contribute to all phases of the software development life cycles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build cloud-based REST APIs and micro services (Java/Springboot) using serverless cloud technologies (AWS ECS)
- As a Microservices engineer working on backend infrastructure services you should have a solid knowledge in domain driven design, microservices, event sourcing, containerization, and orchestration
- Solve complex technical problems using industry best practices while being compliant to enterprise security policies.
- Use agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD) to realize the technical solution.
- Collaborate with product owners and business analysts to identify minimal viable product and support user stories definition
- Debug performance issues in medium to large scale distributed systems
- Develop automation, monitoring, and debugging tools
- Drive continuous improvement through code reviews, monitoring and defect analysis
- Contribute to technical design and delivery of complex features across multiple systems
- Help create documentation and training related to technology stacks and standards within the team
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, advanced degree a plus
- 4+ years of experience in a software development environment, preferably at a Fintech firm
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in development of java-based, AWS microservices-based systems.
- Knowledge of SpringBoot is a plus.
- Good understanding of and experience with building highly scalable and highly secure systems
- Hands-on experience in cloud engineering and cloud-native design
- Well-versed in API development and management
- Experienced in container and container management
- Experienced with industry-standard programming languages, operating systems, application development frameworks, monitoring tools, and CI/CT/CD tools
- Experience with both traditional RDMBS and No-SQL databases
- Mobile systems design and implementation experience
- Experience with banking systems and lending systems a plus
- Skills with design of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics a plus.
- You embody our core values and have the exceptional initiative to create and enhance world-class technology solutions.
- You have an acute attention to detail. You love and understand data, analysis, and optimization.
- You are a thinker and a DO-er. You have the combination of strategic thought, and the ability to roll up your sleeves and execute with excellence on that vision.
- You have a fire in your belly. You love to win and hate to lose.
- You want to improve the lives of our customers and other stakeholders while fast-tracking your career.
If your favorite pronouns are “I” and “me”, you won’t be a great fit. If you get inspired by wanting your next career milestone to read: “Promoted” on a TEAM that grew revenue from $50 million to $500 million in 5 years.”, we’d like to chat with you.