Software Development Engineer in Test
2200 Mastercard Blvd O''Fallon, MO 63368 US
Key Techincal Skills: Java, Selenium, API Testing
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Excellent technical acumen, strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills.
• Solid leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to drive change.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Eclipse IDE, Spring, JUnit, SOAP UI Pro, Selenium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), code review and scanning tools and configuration, branching techniques.
• Exposure to DevOps practices (continuous integration and delivery, tools such as Jenkins).
• Experience in testing Web services and Web projects.
• Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
• Expertise in agile delivery, software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Exposure to application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to Chaos, software security and crypto testing practices preferable but not mandatory.
• Create and maintain automation tests that will enable a better user experience to millions of visitors to one of the largest social discovery websites as well as emerging new mobile products
• Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
• Be an integrated part of an Agile engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
• Help ensure functionality delivered in each sprint is tested as features are delivered
• Utilize automation wherever possible; supplement with manual testing, if needed.
• Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
Nice to Haves
• Experience using Atlassian JIRA and Stash a big plus
• Experience with continuous integration tools, particularly Jenkins
• Working knowledge of using virtual machine environments
• Exposure to and understanding of XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, and PHP
• Experience working with relational databases and working knowledge of SQL