Senior Database Administrator
3820 Northdale B Tampa, FL 33624 US
NOTE- We are not sponsoring visa at this time. Need someone who is eligible to work for any employer in the US independently. No third party resumes please
This is a senior level DBA role with a large amount of work in the agile application development arena.
Should possess experience in all phases of a development life cycle as well as working within development agile teams including project planning, estimating, application architecture, programming and testing.
Limited travel is required as needed (up to 1-2 weeks per year) to support off-site databases and/or training - Key Competencies Include:
- Ability to mentor train other DBAs and/or Developers where database knowledge intersects software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills and solid understanding of how to quickly troubleshoot connectivity and performance issues that involve databases.
- Must be able to research and implement recovery plans appropriate to any installed software. Independently reliable, performs tasks without close supervision
- Results oriented, demonstrates leadership and constructive cooperation with other departments
- Detail-oriented, methodical, and organized Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment Takes responsibility, able to work productively in highly accountable environment Demonstrates timeliness & urgency consistent and proactive follow-up Individual contributor that works well with other team members and promotes a strong team environment Sets/achieves goals and consistently demonstrates a willingness dedication to process improvement
- Ability to interact with members and internal client customers at all levels of knowledge and rank
- Positive attitude, open-minded, flexible, adaptable, resourceful
- Working knowledge of a DBAs role within an Agile software development methodology
- Understands Agile SAFe methodology and what role technical team members play Able to contribute to user story reviews, participate and give feedback during grooming
- Strong logical problem-solving skills Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience and Technical Knowledge: -
- Minimum of 8 years Oracle database work experience. College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience. –
- Oracle OCP is a plus. - Vast experience in problem solving / troubleshooting database connectivity and performance issues.
- Strong hands-on experience with the following technologies/environments:
- Designing configuration of hardware and operating system for Oracle database servers
- High availability concepts (preferably Advanced Multi-Master Replication, but equivalent Oracle Streams or Data Guard knowledge do translate)
- Backup and Recovery knowledge required, including RMAN.
- Linux scripting
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL programming and debugging skills
- Expertise in database performance tuning
- Working with Oracle database in a virtualized environment
- San storage arrays and storage snapshotting technology
- Maintaining multiple prod/non-prod databases in an agile SDLC environment
- Use of Centralized Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Change control management of database schemas and application reference data
- Strong understanding of advance database architecture and technology
- Understanding of Oracle licensing Certifications.
- One or more of the following: - Oracle OCP or OCM or OCE 10g, 11g, 12c - MSSQL MTA, MSCA - PostgresSQL, EnterpriseDB