Senior Corporate Accountant
2379 Beville Road Daytona Beach, FL 32119 US
Arch Staffing in search of a Senior Corporate Accountant.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Assist the controller in directing accounting functions. The employee’s primary duties include the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters as described below. These functions include but are not be limited to:
Complete Consolidated GAAP financial statements including but not limited to balance sheets, statements of profit and loss, statements of cash flows, and statements of equity
- Step in to assist when other accountants are out
- Create and maintain mechanisms to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Coordinate month end closing schedule
- Regularly prepare Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Journal Entries
- Assist with the process of establishing and monitoring the annual budget and projections. Provide budget vs. actual explanations as required
- Review financial data to ensure that it is “fair” and complete, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Coordinate with auditors to complete the annual audit, including preparing schedules and analysis
- Maintain and update internal controls and policies
- Work as a key member of the Company’s finance team to assist the Company in reaching targeted goals
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvements
- Make recommendations for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.) to achieve highest efficiencies
- Review financial statements for HOAs and assist property manager as required with accounting inquiries
- Prepare routine financial reports and ad-hoc reports for financial/operational review and decision making
- Communicate findings with Corporate Controller and CFO on regular basis
- Inventory Accounting
- Perform other duties as assigned
II. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong financial accounting background
- Strong Excel Skills
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and research
- Exposure to audit lead schedule preparation
- Highly developed communication skills
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills in fast paced environments
III. EQUIPMENT OPERATED: Standard office equipment
IV. LICENSES, EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Required Skills • Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- Four year Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred but not required
- Maximum of 3-7 years of accounting experience
- 4 years of Public Accounting Experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel Certified preferred
Hope my responses help…
- What Accounting operating system do they work in? SAP, Sage, QuickBook, specific?
Both position require strong Excel skills
- Are there additional perks/benefits offered? Medical/Dental/Pension? Gym memberships, etc?
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Ancillary Insurance, 401k, 401k Contribution, Paid Time Off
- Does the organization require fully vaccinated Candidates?
No, we do not require employees to be vaccinated
- What is there probationary period?
Our introductory period is the normal 90 days
- What is the culture of the organization?
We are family oriented. People who join company become part of a family
- Do they require homebuilding construction knowledge? Not Necessarily Retention, job costing, progress billing, etc.
The Sr. Corporate Accountant ideal background is in Public Accounting and wanting to pursue their CPA
The Treasury Accountant (Accountant) ideally should have at least 3-4 accounting experience. Experience with cash management, cash flow and cash projections.