Senior Access Control and Surveillance Specialist
9210 Estero Park Commons Blvd Estero, FL 33928 US
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR AN INDUSTRY LEADER!
The Senior Access Control and Surveillance Specialist interacts with potential and current customers, as well as with the technical staff at company including (but not limited to) Pre-Construction Services (Sales and Design), Project Managers, Scheduling, Networking, Telephony, Nurse Call, and Structured Cabling. A significant amount of time will be spent on sales and design, independent troubleshooting activities on unique customer problems for access control and digital security surveillance issues, customer satisfactions, and compliance of systems to original specifications, projects, and service work.
- Maintain and utilize a superior knowledge of all access control and digital security surveillance systems, with proven proficiency in all aspects for both company provided systems and non-company provided (existing client) systems alike.
- Manage and support all installations of all access control and digital security surveillance systems, both local and remote.
- Manage and lead a team of Access Control and Surveillance professionals.
- Triage and assess the status of any new incoming service calls, and work closely with the Scheduler as to the proper means (remote, on-site) and urgency of the matter.
- Provide technical support on access control hardware/software and digital security surveillance hardware/software, both local and remote, including on-call support.
- Provide backup on-call support as needed to the On-Call Technicians.
- Accurately document all interactions during a call in notes using a descriptive summary with troubleshooting steps performed following company standards.
- Accurately record all time and notes for work performed following company standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication regarding events, outstanding issues, and customer follow-up.
- Maintain technical documentation and notify management of any information that requires an update, including assisting with identifying gaps in documentation and collecting missing information.
- Maintain full system database backups and current software/firmware maintenance on all existing access control and digital security surveillance systems.
- Maintain and confirm that all databases, firmware, documentation, network information, and photos for both access control and digital security surveillance systems are stored in a file unique to the specific customer in the approved company file repository. These files will be maintained on monthly basis.
- Research/evaluate new access control and digital security surveillance products and technologies that benefit company and our business strategies.
- Perform detailed site surveys and provide proper documentation of all items necessary, including but not just limited to access control and digital security surveillance systems, to include photo and written documentation of scope, gathering of drawings or plans, and working with other departments to assess their potential needs as well.
- Assist in the sales of products and services to customers.
- Specify (and some basic quoting if assigned) of products and materials.
- Installation, configuration, testing, and service of assigned systems.
- Continuous learning and support of any technologies used in company’s typical client locations.
- Provide training as needed on any products or systems, existing or new, to existing technicians and new hires to the Access Control and Surveillance teams.
- Cooperate with project teams to prepare for field deployment, including but not limited to attending project handoff meetings.
- Lead the after-action review on all access control and digital security surveillance projects to ensure their whole and correct completion, including but not limited to final system checks, customer training, retention of project databases, and assessment of project implementation.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- 10+ years of access control and surveillance experience, or equivalent demonstration of experience.
- Substantial experience designing access control and digital security surveillance systems from start to finish.
- Substantial experience installing, programming, calibrating, testing, and repairing access control and digital security surveillance systems from start to finish.
- Substantial experience interpreting plan drawings and details.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent.
- Valid FL driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- English language (fluent), Spanish a plus but not required.
- Working in a structured and disciplined manner to complete assignments on schedule.
- Functioning independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Multi-tasking, using independent judgement, and following complex instructions.
- Adapting and responding to ever changing work situations and environments.
- Ability to lead small teams.
- Exceptional team working skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Supervisor: Director of Low-Voltage Construction and Services
On-Call Status: Per Rotation Schedule
Employment Terms: Full-time, Exempt, Salary. Eligible for benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability) and 401(k) after introductory period. Typical business hours are from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. with two (2) breaks and one (1) lunch, Monday thru Friday, excluding company-observed holidays. Some weekend and after-hours work is required. Local travel, travel to construction sites, and service areas local and remote is required.