Seattle, WA 99999
Spokane company seeking enthusiastic, quality-minded individual to be part of a team that helps deliver our family of leading-edge application delivery network platforms.
- Implement and execute automated and manual test procedures to ensure test coverage per defined test plan requirements.
- Assist senior engineers in the construction of pilot test plans to support the validation of new products and product updates.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-functionally to drive identification and resolution of issues efficiently.
- Utilize test process knowledge and programming skills to support development automated test cases and tools to ensure continuing test coverage and efficiency.
- Directly support the quality life cycle via test planning, test case definition, test case development, test execution, defect analysis and reporting.
- Execute automated and manual tests on platform hardware and software during prototype phases using analytical skills and escalation to determine root cause when a failure occurs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other engineers in a positive and collaborative method.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of software and system testing, with a minimum of 2 years test experience; 3 years preferred.
- Test automation experience within a production automation framework.
- Direct experience in the HW/SW release test cycle
- Demonstrated software development experience using at least two of the following programming languages: (Python, Go, C, TCL, Java, Shell scripting).
- Practical experience with TCP/IP and L2 networking as well as Unix-based operating systems required; Linux development experience preferred.
- Experience working with PC architectures.
- Ability to execute complex verification test plans, produce thorough reports of results, and report all exceptions while tracking to resolution.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with test engineering methodologies used in software development; 3 years preferred.