Production Worker Manufacturing (AM Shift)
40684 Talbot Line St. Thomas, ON N5P 3T2 CA
Production teammates required!
A leading Building Products (Doors and Windows) manufacturing company, is looking for team members who revel in fast paced production environment, who have excellent attention to detail and can work without constant supervision.
Everyone is encouraged to apply and even with little, you can qualify!
Work great hours and with occasional weekends!
Day Shift - 6am - 4pm.
Afternoon Shift - 4: 15pm - 2am
Monday to Friday with occasional weekend availability.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Assembly worker will assemble windows and/or doors on a production assembly line. This position will work as a member of a team and participate in regular safety huddles, 6S activities, lean Kaizen lean events, and other continuous improvement activities to improve existing manufacturing processes in the respective work area.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Motivated and driven to produce quality products in a high paced and high volume production environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills that works well with others in a team based environment.
- English comprehension (verbal/written communication).
- Work at a defined pace as described by the specific area unit of measure / metrics requirements.
- Willingness to learn, and at times teach others.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and stand in one location over an eight (9) hour shift.
- Assemble window and/or door products to defined specifications and standards.
- Follow employee safety standards by adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety regulations, company standard operating procedures, and best practice guidelines.
- Arrive at work on time and in condition to work safely and productively with a positive attitude towards the company, leaders and coworkers.
- Comply with company policies and values.
- Identify and document poor quality products and/or production data.
- Basic equipment maintenance (e. g. inspection, cleaning, lubrication/greasing, etc.)
- Cross train on multiple processes and/or equipment, and assist in the training of staff as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. general problem solving, 6S, Safety audits, etc.).
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic assembly of window, patio doors and/or door components (e.g. Operations performed between welding and glazing, assemble single door components, door and sash prep, frame cutting, panel install, screens assembly, wood box assembly, panel line assembly, etc.).
- Safe operation of small handheld tools (e.g. screw driver, fixtures, pry bar, mallet, Olfa knife, etc.).
- Safe operation of power/pneumatic tools (e.g. staple gun, drill/driver, grinder, sealant applicator, etc.).
- Use of measuring and placement devices (e.g. measuring tape, calipers, go/no-go gauges, gigs, fixtures, etc.).
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to contribute innovative and constructive ideas for improvement.
If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply online!
Not for you, but someone you know? Share this job with them and then check out our other available jobs.
No appointment necessary and guaranteed interviews! Each application submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained in case a great opportunity opens for you with any of our locations to join our Team.
Don’ t wait, we want YOU to be our next Teammate!