100 Job ad Spokane, WA 99208
Work anywhere within 8 hour drive from Spokane-position is remote with a rare need to spend a few days at the office every few months
**Must be a US Citizen
Network Engineer - Mostly Remote
Salary: Mid-range $100k-$105k/year (may increase DOE)
This is a full-time Network Engineer position with an established and growing company in rural Eastern Washington state. This position is open to anyone in Washington or surrounding states (Oregon, Idaho, Montana) with the ability to travel for occasional days onsite.
What you’ ll enjoy most about this opportunity:
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION – Eastern Washington/Northern Idaho is a beautiful, low-cost region perfect for those who like easy access to nature!
- Company offers excellent benefits like low out-of-pocket cost insurance, and generous pension plan (rare these days!)
- The company has never had to lay off an employee and is well-positioned for continued growth!
- Position leads and/or supports all aspects of the communications infrastructure, systems, and services lifecycle including vision, architecture, design, sourcing, implementation and ongoing support; including the open access broadband fiber infrastructure and services, IP voice network, business wired and wireless networks, mobile data, SCADA, SONET, MPLS, etc.
- Prefer strong understanding of core network and how it applies to multi-locational utility services.
- Must be able to confidently manage network architecting projects both as a lead and subject matter expert.
- General responsibilities include:
- Designing IP Network Architecture
- Building roadmaps
- Communicating project initiatives to stakeholders
- Capacity Planning Engineering
- Soft skills:
- Must be self-driven
- Must be an organized technical leader, able to formulate and apply strategic vision for entire network infrastructure.
- Certifications preferred (CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCDE, CompTIA Security+, CISSP)
- Must have an IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree.
- Must have 5+ years of applicable industry experience.