Manager Tax Compliance
801 Brickell Ave suite Miami, FL 33131 US
Title - Manager Tax Compliance
Location- Miami, FL (This is a hybrid role. We are looking for someone who can work from Miami office 1-2 days a week and 3 days from home. An ideal candidate should be at a comfortable drive from Miami FL)
Timely filing of US and international telecommunication tax returns by our outside tax advisors. Complete telecom tax/fee returns in-house that are not outsourced, i.e. state telecom utility gross receipts tax returns and other like-kind telecom regulatory filings as well as timely payment of taxes Lead the telecommunication transaction tax exemption process. Perform analysis of tax accounting for transaction taxes collected and remitted. Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision requirements Income Tax and related financial statement disclosures. Responsible for collecting, understanding, and reporting worldwide accounting for uncertain tax positions (FIN 48). Assist with the preparation of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns. Responsibilities include both U.S. domestic and international aspects of the preparation, such as book tax difference computations (e.g. depreciation and amortization), all related foreign forms (e.g. 5471, 8858), foreign tax credits and foreign earnings and profit computations. Coordinate with external advisors.
Prepare reconciliation of the Company' s domestic and foreign tax-related balance sheet accounts Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual Sales and Use Tax filings. Coordinate with external advisors.
Prepare insightful analytics summary for management review
Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
Nice to have knowledge of Puerto Rico Tax filings and USVI.
Must bilingual Spanish and English
- Supervise staff of 4 to 5.
- Review all staff deliverables including federal return and provision book/tax differences and state income tax estimates, extensions and returns.
- Prepare complex federal book/tax differences and state tax returns.
- Manage and monitor due dates on tax calendar requiring frequent updates.
- Manage and review updating of numerous Net Operating Loss schedules and valuation allowance calculation.
- Manage and review state credit computations and valuation allowance calculation.
- Respond to state agency inquiries and tax notices and review responses of staff.
- Evaluate proposed tax legislation that impacts the company.
- Provide audit support.
- Train and develop staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or equivalent education and experience.
- 5-7 years related experience
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Tax software (preferably CorpTax), Excel, Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Master’ s Degree with 5+ years experience
- 1+ year previous supervisory / leadership experience
Arch is a equal opportunity employer