250 Elm Street Aylmer, ON N5H 2M8 Aylmer, ON ONNSH2M8 CA
Reporting to the Supervisor, Production, the Machine Operator II will assist in a range of core processing systems in the packaging and processing divisions, with the ability to assist in the future development of our manufacturing divisions.
The ideal candidate is a hard-working individual with mechanical aptitude and production experience, a strong team player, can work independently, and the ability to adapt to not only the operations of our client.
The position is suited to those who are eager to learn, understand and follow SOPs, and demonstrate diligence in maintaining good documentation practices.
Morning Shift - 6am to 4pm
Afternoon Shift - 4pm to 2 am ( Shift Premium applicable )
- Operates and maintains pre-roll equipment and packaging line machines
- Meticulously performs and accurately documents all work as directed in the SOPs and GDP
- Manages inventory through inventory control systems, identifies any inventory issues or concerns and systematically reports them to the Production Lead/Supervisor in a timely and efficient manner
- Conducts quality monitoring of the entire production process, finished goods quality, rework processing, etc.
- Performs calibration and maintenance on technical equipment, tools, production rooms
- Troubleshoots problems/issues associated with assigned automation equipment based on prescribed instructions as applicable
- Proposing improvements to the process or machine as needed
- Prepares and ensures correct and adequate materials are available and fed properly into machines
- Reporting safety hazards within the work environment, ensuring machines operate as per designed
- Performs routine machine maintenance and efficient line changes (i.e. cleaning and inspection of parts), manage spare parts inventory and communicate additional needs to prevent interruptions
- Ensures sanitation and cleanup of all processing areas throughout the day are completed
- Strictly adheres to hygiene and health & safety guidelines as described by the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- As the company expands, assists with the training, education, and guidance of new staff, Safe Work Practices (SWP), Safe Job Procedures (SJP) and overall safety awareness
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Previous experience running automated machines is required
- Over 2 years’ experience in process, manufacturing and/or packaging systems
- Experience working with GPP or GMP will be considered an asset