Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
4152 East Paris Ave. SE Kentwood, MI 49512 US
We have immediate needs for a local medial manufacturer in the Grand Rapids area. These positions are working in a very clean and temperature controlled manufacturing environment with opportunity for advancement.
Hours of Operation: 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. (Monday thru Friday)
** Guaranteed 10 hours of overtime a week (standard 50 hour work week.) **
** Must be able to train on 1st shift **
- Visually inspect part for minor defects such as blemishes, minor scratches or other cosmetic imperfections and perform the established functions to restore to optimal condition. These functions include deburring, buffing, cleaning and polishing using various equipment.
- Deburr metal parts to established optimal quality standards.
- Buff metal parts to optimal customer cosmetic standards.
- Polish metal parts using lapping machines and other means to restore brilliancy and cosmetic standards.
- Clean metal parts using established washed procedures.
- Apply paint as specified in small areas of a metal part using motorized equipment
- Perform data collection and communication tasks in Epicor and other applications.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and use the accepted tools, such as -- brainstorming, C&E, tool tryout sheets.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- The machine operator is required to be on their feet ten to twelve hours per day using their hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear around machinery.
- The machine operator must be capable of lifting and moving up to 25 pounds potentially on a frequent basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices. Use of microscopes, magnifiers, and optical comparators will be expected.
- Individuals will safely work near moving mechanical parts of machinery and electrically activated devices. Individuals are occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
- Read and interpret manufacturing instructions.
- Perform math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.