Lid Line Operator - Evenings
6870 Richmond Rd Summerstown, ON K0C2E0 CA
If you are the successful individual, you will be responsible for running, troubleshooting, quality, and efficiency of the Production Lid Line for all phases - Extruder, Forming Press, Thermo Press and box erector.
Benefits you will enjoy working at this company:
- Monday through Friday work week
- 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM ($0.65/hr shift pay)
- NO weekends!
- Competitive wages; $21.96 per hour
- Comprehensive benefits plan (80% paid by employer) after 3-month probationary period
- $300 per year Wellness Fund after 3-month probationary period
- $200/every 2 years for prescription glasses or safety glasses
- $150/year safety boot allowance
- DPSP plan with employer maximum contribution of 5% after 3-month probationary period
- Access to DailyPay Program.
- Permanent position within 3 months
- Initiates work orders as needed to maintain equipment and ensure efficiencies.
- Actively engaged in the upkeep for the equipment, maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
- Trouble-shoots any minor repair problems as necessary and initiates corrective action to resolve problems.
- Effectively communicates problems to the team lead or the relevant department manager.
- The use of some tools may be required.
- Completes all production reports, as required.
- Ensures lock-out/tag-out procedures are adhered to.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comply with all EHS policies, procedures, and safe work instructions in place
- Responsible for compliance with all aspects of GMP, food safety and quality initiatives.
- Grade 12 diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related experience and training in plastics, thermo forming, extrusion, etc.
- As there is no public transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle to get to the location
- Ability to troubleshoot and think quickly on your feet
- Able to work in hot conditions in the summer months