Jr. Network Engineer
850 Spokane Falls Blvd., Suite 124 Spokane, WA 99202
This position assists in supporting and implementing hosted, managed, and customer specific solutions. He/she will provide direct support to various Managed Service client companies within the Northwest.
The Junior Network Engineer must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced office environment in meeting deadlines. The Junior Network Engineer must be able to handle multiple priorities combined with frequent interruptions. Organizational skills are essential and a sense of urgency, the ability to make good decisions, and the prioritization of tasks is necessary.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs data communication functions related to the design and implementation of hardware, software, and circuit facilities.
- Provides maintenance and troubleshooting to telecommunications systems, which may include PBX, voice switching systems, voice processing systems (e.g. voice mail), the voice network, integrated work stations, telecommunications cable/wiring plans, and related products and services.
- Responsible for the ongoing administration of voice technology and network systems to include telephone station hardware/software changes, voice system software upgrades, traffic analysis, network infrastructure and reporting.
- Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art telecommunications and LAN equipment and services.
- Analyzes complex hardware and software configurations. Requires the ability to organize and coordinate company team and vendor tasks.
- Implements, installs, and troubleshoots network infrastructure with Cisco switches and routers.
- Installs and supports remote sites including home network users and new offices; phone and network cabling; new networks including testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots Windows OS.
- Secures quotes and bids from hardware/software and telecommunication vendors including securing contracts.
- Manages network and data projects including site remodels for networks and phones, securing bids for equipment and managing timelines and implementation/installation.
- Occasional regional travel, weekend work and on-call rotation will be required.
- Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Two years of related experience including:
- One year of data and telecommunication experience required.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer support skills.
- Ability to document system solutions and follow outlined processes.
- Minimum one year of experience in project management from design through implementation.
- Experience with Cisco IOS including QOS, ACL, PIX firewall, Cisco VPN Concentrator.
- Strongly prefer experience with Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco IPCC.
- Experience with telecommunication equipment, data and phone cabling, network security, wireless technologies, and familiarization with all Windows OS.
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCVP, CCIP highly desired.
- Computer Skills: Experience with the following computer applications is highly desired: Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio); Internet, Intranet.
- Drug Test: Eligible employees must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test which includes marijuana.