Glazier AM Shift
70 Curtis Ave North Paris, ON N3L 3T2 CA
A leading Furniture Products manufacturing company, is looking for team members who revel in fast paced production environment, who have excellent attention to detail and can work without constant supervision.
Everyone is encouraged to apply and even with little or no experience, you can qualify!
Work great hours and with occasional weekends!
Day Shift - 5: 45am - 2: 15pm.
Afternoon Shift - 2: 15pm - 10: 45pm
Monday to Friday with occasional weekend availability
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Glazier 1 worker will apply sealants, install glazing stops, inspect and label at the end of a production assembly line. The Glazier 1 may install insulated glass sealed units into windows and/or doors. This person will work as a member of a team and participate in regular safety huddles, 6S activities, lean Kaizen lean events, and other continuous improvement activities to improve existing manufacturing processes in the respective work area.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Motivated and driven to produce quality products in a high paced and high volume production environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills that works well with others in a team based environment.
- English comprehension (verbal/written communication).
- Work at a defined pace as described by the specific area unit of measure / metrics requirements.
- Willingness to learn, and at times teach others.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds repeatedly and stand in one location over an eight (8) hour shift.
- Prior glazing experience would be a benefit.
- Apply sealants, install glazing stops, load finished units onto carts, inspect, label and scan units complete.
- Occasional Install insulated glass sealed units into window and/or door products to specifications and standards.
- Follow employee safety standards by adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety regulations, company standard operating procedures, and best practice guidelines.
- Arrive at work on time and in condition to work safely and productively with a positive attitude towards the company, leaders and coworkers.
- Comply with company policies and values.
- Identify and document poor quality products and/or production data.
- Cross train on multiple processes and/or equipment, and assist in the training of staff as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. general problem solving, 6S, Safety audits, etc.).
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic Glazing Windows (e.g. Beading, sorting, cleaning, apply banners & tags, cart loading, operate sealant machine, Installation of Glazing stops, labels, slab glazing, etc)
- Occasional safe handling and installation of insulated glass sealed units.
- Safe operation of small handheld tools (e.g. glazing shovel, pry bar, mallet, putty knife, Olfa knife, etc.).
- Installation of simulated divided lite accessories (e.g. SDLs, SMLs).
- Use of measuring devices (e.g. measuring tape, scale, go/no-go gauges, etc.).
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to contribute innovative and constructive ideas for improvement.