ONSITE AT CLIENT LOCATION New York, NY 10001 US
- Location: New York, NY, 10001
- Work Authorization: Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Experience required: 0-2 years of professional experience
- Payrate range: $60K-$70K annually
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
Our client is currently seeking an entry level Geotechnical Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. We offer new engineers the opportunity to work on challenging geotechnical and environmental projects for a wide range of clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position includes travel to/from job sites and working outside of the office to support/oversee site and subsurface characterization field programs for environmental and geotechnical projects.
The position also could include providing field support to monitor geotechnical and/or environmental activities during the construction phase of projects. This full-time position will be located in the New York City office. Only local candidates will be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
- Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
- Monitor subsurface exploration activities that include the use of test boring and geoprobe rigs and machine excavated test pits to gather soil and bedrock samples.
- Conduct field investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards and other industry standard guidelines.
- Conduct geotechnical engineering analyses.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Use of various geotechnical and environmental instrumentation and equipment.
- Support preparation of written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and the company.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in engineering Civil Engineering or related field
- 0 to 2 years of geotechnical engineering experience
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
- Ability and interest in obtaining professional engineering registration; has or applies for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE
- Ability to travel to temporary work assignments in Maine, New England, and across the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel between job sites and the office