Facilities Maintenance Technician II
7100 Harderson Road Everett, WA 98203 US
The Facilities Maintenance Technician II, under the supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Manager or designee, will recognize, diagnose and resolve transit building related systems and equipment malfunctions, perform preventive maintenance and repair either in the field or at the Operation bases, while safely performing skilled and unskilled labor in a variety of disciplines.
The position works independently, with peers and other professions to accomplish a variety of projects, tasks and assignments associated with moderate to difficult facility maintenance and repairs. Including but not limited to proactive and preventative maintenance on commercial transit building related systems and equipment such as HVAC systems electrical circuits, emergency generators with ATS systems, compressed air, fire protection, fueling systems, park and ride facilities and properties, bus wash systems and remodeling.
When needed, the Facilities Maintenance Technician II, will provide guidance and support to other team members.
1. Works safely and independently to perform a wide variety of skilled and unskilled duties related to troubleshooting, repair, maintenance of commercial transit buildings, park and rides, bus stops and related equipment in all areas of the divisions responsibilities. Including:
- Carpentry (remodel & miscellaneous construction)
- Welding (GIG, MIG, gas and/or arc), metal fabrication and repair
- Concrete work (general)
- Roofing - minor repair and maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
- Furniture and equipment moving
- HVAC systems and related electrical controls
- Electrical distribution (shall work on voltages up to 480 volts, 3 phase)
- Motors and related electrical controls
- Low voltage electrical system troubleshooting and installation
- Compressed air systems
- Plumbing and piping systems installation/repair
- Painting; latex, oil base and two part industrial products
- Equipment operation and servicing
- Locksmith work (general)
2. Maintains an elevated level of professional communications, appearance, conduct, and customer service with other department staff, external customers, vendors and subcontractors. Collaborates with co-workers, managers and other departments to solve work-related problems cooperatively and professionally. Follows division Manager or designee' s directives, as well as procedures and policies.
3. Efficiently prioritizes work tasks and assignments.
4. Maintains the preventive maintenance schedules as recommended by department procedures and/or equipment manufacturers specifications.
5. Prepares and maintains written and electronic documentation efficiently and effectively, including proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office software and CMMS system).
6. Provides guidance and training for other Facilities Maintenance employees when necessary.
7. Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Manger or designee.
- Five (5) years of facilities and/or commercial building maintenance experience.
- Journey level skills and/or certifications in facilities related maintenance and repair.
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver' s license at the time of hire with an excellent driving record (5 year abstract required).