Director Supply Chain
250 Elm Street Aylmer, ON N5H 2M8 Aylmer, ON ONNSH2M8 CA
This position is responsible for managing the inventory control, purchasing and distribution functions across multiple facilities. Primary responsibilities include establishing the vision for inventory management, procurement and distribution processes and ensuring the accurate execution of that vision. Utilize knowledge of inventory cycles to manage and control inventory levels and ensure that all requirements for incoming and outgoing orders are met. Responsibilities will include assisting with the development of purchasing, distribution and inventory management policies and procedures for ensuring the availability of all necessary materials required to support the production process, release scheduling of inbound materials and components, and ensuring adequate stock levels for production requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with inventory management and implementation of a WMS.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Engineering, Finance, or Supply Chain Management.
- APICS, ISM, SCC, CSCMP certification considered an asset.
- Ten (10) years of experience working as a Supply Chain capacity in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proven success in a supervisory, management or leadership role in Inventory Management.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Knowledge of accounting system/inventory control processes and laws pertaining to inventory control/property disposal.
- Solution based leadership
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Strong Analytical skills, solutions oriented and excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Daily onsite presence required.