Fox Run Drive Northeast Rockford, MI 49341 US
We are currently looking for a controls technician that has the flexibility to travel. The home base is in Rockford, Michigan but the position does require travel to our clients job site.
The Controls Technician is responsible for assisting in installing, wiring and editing PLC (Programmable Logic Control) Ladder Logic and HMI (Human Machine Interface) Applications programming. Install/Commission VFD/Motor controls for various control systems. This position assists with the final commissioning of projects; that assures all systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer.
Essential Job Functions
· Assist in new system installations and startup to provide working automation systems.
· Edit programming and troubleshoot PLC (Programmable Logic Control) Ladder Logic, VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) and HMI (Human Machine Interface) Applications systems to improve process efficiency.
· Perform a Full IO Check
· Troubleshoot controls systems and electrical equipment at the customer’ s facility to meet customer requirements
· Edit / generate, write/create programming changes online for retrofitting or upgrading equipment.
· Assist in training and technical support Establish Communications between machines with ENET or Hardware Signals for the proper operation of equipment.
· Provide Help to mechanical and electrical team members as needed
· Follow customer’ s plant and safety regulations while at their facility
· 0-2 years’ experience
· Proficient with various software MS Office, Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, AutoCAD
· Strong Rockwell Automation experience
· Working knowledge of National Electric Code standards
· Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, EPICOR, or another ERP software
· Ability to work with electrical tools (stripper, crimps, multimeter), Ease of Life tools, Tachometer, Labeler
· Basic Electrical, PC, and Programming Knowledge – define basic for the career progression
· Ability to read blueprints, AutoCAD, interpret and modify electrical schematics
· Ability to wire machine controls and control panels
· Pneumatics and/or hydraulic experience
· Basic understand of Line Control, Controls and Mechanically
· High school or GED Equivalent required; Bachelor degree preferred
This position does require traveling to client locations.
· Travel is required; approximately 75-85% percent travel.
· Standing and sitting for extended periods of time
· Exposure to High/Low voltage environments
For immediate consideration please forward your resume to the
Grand Rapids Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call or text: 1-844-310-Arch