7100 Harderson Road Everett, WA 98203
Community Transit is hiring bus drivers! Yes — you can drive a bus! You don’ t need previous professional driving experience to be a great Community Transit bus driver— we’ ll give you the tools for success by providing paid, comprehensive training that includes generous benefits. We are a leading employer in the Puget Sound region, based out of Everett, Washington. Community Transit drivers serve communities throughout Snohomish County and parts of King County.
Our bus drivers come from every walk of life and job experience, including:
- military service
- customer service and retail
- human services
- commercial driving
Upon successful completion of the training program you will:
- earn a starting salary of $27.73/hour, with potential to earn up to $35.03 hourly
- be eligible for our excellent full-employee benefit package which includes:
- a retirement pension plan
- company-paid life insurance/disability insurance
- receive 9 company-paid holidays a year
- receive a comprehensive wellness program including onsite access to: two gyms, physical therapy services, and massage therapy services.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Stable Work History
Able to account for the last 5 consecutive years of driving experience, without any lapses in licensing, legally operating a motor vehicle in the United States without restrictions.
- At least 21 years of age at time of hire.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver' s License at time of hire.
- Ability to obtain a valid Washington State Commercial Driver' s License (CDL) class " B", with passenger endorsement and air brake restriction lifted. Applicants without a valid CDL must obtain a CDL learner' s permit before the first day of training.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the last 5 years.
- No more than 2 accidents within the last 5 years (at fault or not at fault).
- Within the last 5 years, no license suspension, revocation, cancellation or disqualification based on a traffic or moving violation
- No license restrictions (such as an ignition interlock device requirement) within the last 5 years.
- No convictions within the last 10 years for reckless or negligent driving, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, vehicular assault or homicide.
- No alcohol, drug or test refusal related occurrences within the last 10 years.
- No other driving record incidents or occurrences within the last 5 years that provide a reasonable basis to question the applicant' s ability to provide safe and public transportation.
Successful candidates will have:
- strong people skills
- knowledge of English, sufficient to communicate, read and follow road signs, and to comprehend written instructions and standard operating procedures, notices and memos.
- a willingness to learn and try new things
- flexibility to work split shifts and a varied schedule, including some weekends and holidays
- reliability and motivation
- the ability to learn new routes and procedures and to follow them reliably