4577 Patterson Ave. SE Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Arch Staffing and Consulting has an immediate need for an Automation Engineer for one of our clients in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This position is a key position for both New Product Development (NPD) and sustainment projects. This position will be responsible for supporting NPD electrical, software, and PLC tasks. The position will also be responsible for troubleshooting in-process machines to ensure production timelines are met and 1st time quality is flawless.
- Assist with Engineering Standard Work such as creation of machine electrical schematics, machine data, machine specific software and machine documentation.
- Support NPD projects by providing expertise in electrical design, software design, and machine control systems as a cross functional team member.
- Design new control systems and electrical design for products flowing through the NPD process.
- Revise existing control systems to add functionality, reduce waste, or meet revised customer expectations.
- Troubleshoot in-process machine wiring and answer questions from operations to ensure machine 1st time quality is flawless.
- Troubleshoot in-process machine PLC errors to ensure machine On Time Delivery (OTD) goals are met.
- Assist operations personal with wiring processes and provide training to ensure knowledge flows from engineering to operations.
- Assist the company with quality with wiring or software related field failures and RCCA investigations.
- Write work instructions so that processes and operations can be completed by any associate with the appropriate skill level.
- Lead and manage smaller scale engineering projects with guidance from the engineering leadership.
· Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, or Automation Engineering
· 1 to 5 years experience in the industrial equipment sector
· Knowledge of IEC61131 Structured text
· PLC Programming
· General understanding of programming logic
· Knowledge of Bosch / Beckoff control systems
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Manufacturing methods and procedures
· Strong attention to detail
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative
· Excellent problem-solving skills