Assistant Manager of Security Services
7100 Harderson Road Everett, WA 98203 US
This position will serve as a critical resource within the security management team to help development and implement a new 24/7/365 Security Operations Center (SOC) and Transit Security Officer (TSO) Program. These program areas are the Transit Police Unit, the Social Worker Program, and customer service positions. They will work collaboratively together on the overall Security & Emergency Management Program.
Under the general guidance of the Manager of Security & Emergency Management, this position has the responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the agency-wide Security Programs. They will also plan and implement other security and emergency management projects and programs.
Security Programs: Creates, designs, implements, and manages Community Transit’s Security Programs. Increase productivity, effectiveness, and customer experience of the Security & Emergency Management Program
Security Operations Management: Advises Manager of Security & Emergency Management of Operational issues and concerns. Recommends courses of action that impact agency security operations. Provides management level support for day-to-day security operations.
Capital Projects: Plans, develops, manages, and delivers security capital projects to meet agency objectives. Ensures that projects follow applicable laws, regulations, and policies. Conducts Threat and Vulnerability Assessments (TVA’s).
PPS: Plans, develops, and implements Physical Protective Systems (PPS).
Budget: Assists in developing and administering the division’s capital and operating budget.
Vendor Management: Manages the performance and relationship with professional vendors
Acts as Manager of Security & Emergency Management in the absence of the Manager, as needed
- Five years progressively responsible experience in security, law enforcement or closely related field.
- Two years’ experience in one or more of the following: access control systems management, surveillance system management, emergency preparedness, contract administration/project management and security management.
- Two years of investigative work that includes detailed field note taking, interviewing, report writing, and maintaining evidence integrity to develop a comprehensive case file.
- Associates Degree with an emphasis in law, risk management, criminal justice, emergency management, business management, or closely related field will account for 1 year of experience in security, law enforcement.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Ability to successfully pass comprehensive background investigation, including:
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance for access to the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) and Washington State Fusion Center (WSFC) within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain fingerprint clearance from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office, including FBI fingerprint screening, within 30 days of hire.