Assistant Manager of Contracted Transportation Services
7100 Harderson Road Everett, WA 98203 US
Please include a cover letter and resume
.Job Location: Everett Washington
Work Model: Hybrid ( 2 days from office)
Arch Staffing and Consulting has partnered with a leading Transport organization in their search for a Assistant Manager of Contracted Transportation Services (Contract Trans Admin Department) role in the state of Washington.
If you have a passion & expertise to guide transformative change in a rapidly growing transit system, then you would definitely want to read further.
The Contracted Services Coordinator is responsible for administering and coordinating the delivery of public transit services by the assigned contractors within policy, contractual, and budget parameters for the best results in terms of customer service. Position is responsible for monitoring invoices, service quality and contract compliance and provides guidance to contractor management teams. Ensures solid communications during all aspects of projects and systems implements.
The contracted commuter operation utilizes a fleet of 150 buses operating seven days a week. In 2018 this operation provided more than 5.5 million passenger trips. This operation includes a substantial service contract with Sound Transit.
The contracted paratransit operation utilizes a fleet of 52 buses operating seven days a week to provide complementary paratransit under the Americans with Disabilities Act. In 2018 this operation provided almost 200, 000 passenger trips. Additional responsibilities include contracts for eligibility screening and transit travel training.
What's in it for you?
- Full Time, Direct Hire
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits
- Wellness Programs like fitness centers, health club membership etc.
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program including family members
- Paid Time Off
- High Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available to employees and eligible dependents
- Life Insurance Cover and more which are unparalleled in the industry.
What will you be doing?
1. Provides day-to-day oversight; coordinates delivery of public transit services provided by assigned contractors by continuously managing, monitoring and evaluating the quality of assigned contracts for conformance with contractual objectives, service quality standards, plans, schedules and budget; Identifies performance variances from contract. Researches, develops, and implements solutions in conjunction with the Manager of Contracted Services.
2. Reviews and investigates all customer complaints and determines the quality and adequacy of responses offered by contractors. Ensures timely and appropriate response and documentation through the agency customer comment system. Works directly with customers to resolve issues for best possible results in customer service, public relations, and political outcome by coordinating between contractor and agency as well as outside agencies.
3. Applies knowledge of federal, state, local and corporate regulations, and policies, as well as contractual performance standards to all aspects of contract management, customer service and service delivery and provides direction. Researches and applies knowledge of federal, state, local and corporate regulations and policies, as well as contractual performance standards to report results and provide direction to contractors to resolve issues.
4. Drives agency efforts to improve mobility and accessibility for people with disabilities through assigned contracts, including participation in regional and local transportation coordination for people with disabilities, design, and delivery of the Transit Instruction Program, partnering with other providers/agencies to implement programs and grants.
5. Reviews budget data and recommends annual budgets for assigned contracts. Reviews invoices and approves payment. Continually monitors expenditures of assigned contracts to ensure compliance with approved budget.
6. Represents the agency interests in assigned public meetings and regional forums and provides regional coordination between the contractor and other service providers.
7. Assists in developing contracts, amendments, and inter-local agreements and participates in negotiations as assigned; Provides input into performance metrics and service criteria for contracts and procurement solicitations.
8. Develops and leads team projects in line with the scope of work set by the team sponsor; implements program goals and objectives. Assigns and delegates responsibility for achieving program goals and objectives to direct reports and/or team members.
9. Acts on behalf of the Manager of Contracted Services during his/her absence including directing contractor response and communications in the event of emergencies and special conditions.
10. Performs other duties of a similar nature.
What will you require?
- A minimum of three years’ experience in transit related planning, operations and/or customer service or other passenger transportation.
- Two years’ experience with contract management or management oversight.
- Ability to obtain a valid Washington state driver’s license by time of hire (necessary to operate a variety of fleet staff vehicles)