Assistant Manager Transportation
7100 Harderson Road Everett, WA 98203 US
Under general direction, this professional position plans, supervises and coordinates activities to monitor, evaluate, control and maintain the delivery and quality of fixed route transit services provided to the riding public in accordance with established agency's standards. Performs a variety of duties to ensure the on-time delivery of quality service.
- Supervises teams to include: prioritizes work plans and performance goals; interprets and monitors performance standards and expectations in a collaborative manner for employees. Makes hiring recommendations and prepares probationary and annual performance reviews. Administers discipline, conducts termination hearings and terminates employment when necessary. May testify at hearings and arbitrations.
- Motivates and coaches employees towards active and responsible participation in daily work to align with department and company values.
- Counsels employees on work performance. Deals with sensitive and difficult personnel matters in a confidential and professional manner.
- Investigates, responds to and resolves employee incident reports, suggestions, equipment and safety concerns as well as personal issues in a timely manner both orally and in writing. May need to assume the duties of Coach Operator in emergent situations.
- Interacts and develops rapport with subordinates, peers, managers, co-workers, and the public to assure safe, courteous, and reliable service.
- Investigates, responds to and resolves customer comments, complaints and issues; confers with employees and other agency departments as necessary to assure adequate response to customer concerns.
- Reviews and audits existing operations and practices; analyzes information; summarizes findings and conclusions and makes recommendations to management.
- Administers contractual, procedural and policy interpretation and resolution of issues. Understands the importance of following the guidance of contractual, procedural and policies.
- Resolves grievances and problems at earliest opportunity, if possible; researches and provides documentation for response to grievances; recommends grievance solutions and writes grievance responses.
- Develops and leads team projects in line with the scope of work set by the team sponsor; implements program goals and objectives. Assigns and delegates responsibility for achieving program goals and objectives to direct reports and/or team members.
- Responsible for making budget recommendations.
- Minimum of four years general in-direct supervisory or management experience within a union environment OR three years general supervisory and management experience directly supervising union employees.
- Two years transportation/transit industry experience.
- 5 Year Abstract of Driving Record : Demonstrate a good driving record, documented by a five year abstract of driving record obtained from any state licensed to operate a vehicle in the last five years. Criteria include having no moving violations within the last 2 years and no more than 2 within the last 5 years. No more than 2 accidents (at fault or not at fault) within the last 5 years. No DUIs, Reckless, Negligent Driving, Hit and Run, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Vehicle Assault or Homicide or Felony convictions or revocation of license within the last 10 years. No alcohol or drug-related convictions within the last 10 years.
- Ability to obtain and hold WA Commercial driver's license (must acquire within six months of hire).
- No written discipline in the last three years, (applies to both internal and external applicants).