AM Emergency Services
7100 Harderson Road Everett, WA 98203 US
What's in it for you?
- Full Time, Direct Hire
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits
- Wellness Programs like fitness centers, health club membership etc.
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program including family members
- Paid Time Off
- High Premium Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available to employees and eligible dependents
- Life Insurance Cover and more which are unparalleled in the industry.
- Hybrid position, however, maybe onsite for interviews throughout the week
Synopsis:Under general guidance of the Manager of Security & Emergency Management, the Assistant Manager of Emergency Management & Business Continuity manages the day-to-day operations of the agency-wide Emergency Management Program as part of the Security & Emergency Management Program and oversees the creation and implementation of emergency management plans, training, and exercises. During disasters, serves as the EOC Manager/Incident Commander, or senior leadership position, in the agency’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC), Incident Command Post (ICP), or similar environment, as appropriate. The position may telework, as business need and policy allow.
- Office of Emergency Management & Business Continuity: Creates, designs, implements, and manages the Office of Emergency Management & Business Continuity. Manages agency’s day-to-day Office of Emergency Management & Business Continuity including prevention, protection, mitigation, response recovery & continuity efforts. Serves as one of the agency’s subject matter experts (SME) for emergency management programs.
- Emergency Management Plans: Develops, implements and maintains agency’s emergency management plans, including the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP), Inclement Weather Plan (IWP), Training & Exercise Plan (TEP), Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA), Recovery Framework and other related plans. Ensures plans meet or exceed all legal requirements, including RCW 38.52, the Stafford Act and National Response Framework.
- Training & Exercises: Plans, develops, manages and delivers training and exercises in all aspects of emergency management program. Serves as the agency’s National Incident Management System (NIMS) Compliance Officer. Implements employee and customer education programs, as needed.
- Capital Projects: Plans, develops, manages and delivers emergency management capital projects to meet agency objectives.
- Vendor Management: Leads, manages and maintains vendor services. This includes vendor evaluation, selection, contract negotiation, compliance, and performance.
- Duty Officer: Serves as 24/7 on-call Duty Officer rotation. During such assignment, must be available within general geographic area and capable of responding within specified timeframe; respond to emergencies and work evenings and weekends when required by special circumstances.
- Disaster Response: Directs agency-wide disaster response, including serving as the EOC Manager/Incident Commander in the agency’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC), or similar environment, that may be staffed 24 hours a day for extended periods of time. As Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in risk management, emergency management, or closely related field
- Four (4) years Emergency Management experience
- Completion of FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800 courses
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance for access to the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) and Washington State Fusion Center (WSFC) within 90 days of hire
- Ability to obtain and maintain fingerprint clearance from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office within 30 days of hire
- Valid Washington State driver’s license